From:   Discussion of SQR,             SQRIBE Technologies's database
reporting language [mailto:SQR-USERS@list.iex.net] On Behalf Of Mark Kraft
Sent:   Thursday, December 10, 1998 11:47 AM
To:     Multiple recipients of list SQR-USERS
Subject:        Dynamic Variables?

Is there a way to dynamically assign variables using SQR, for example, I
have to find where all of the spaces are in a vendor name .. i.e.
A G Prada Inc.
A A A Locksmith Inc

All of these have a different amount of spaces in them, so I assume that
a normal instr will not work.

This is why I would dynamically set a variable, to catch all the spaces in
a file, and then use the results to do certain substr() from there.  Hope I
made that understandable.  thanks

Mark Kraft
kraftm@gunet.georgetown.edu