[SQR-USERS Info] [SQRUG Home Page]

CommitTransactions via SQR in SQL Server

Hello,
I have an SQR which updates production tables. When we
were on AS400/DB2, we specifically used SQC 'do commit
transactions' after every procedure which performs
updates.
After we migrated to SQL Server 2000, one of our
migration strategies was to remove all
commit-transaction procedure calls because by-default,
SQL Server has auto-commit ON.
Doubts I have are:
1. Is it not true that it is faster to commit
transaction in batches vs one by one?
2. If I need to commit transaction in groups, then I
should modify my SQR to use BEGIN TRANSACTION  and
COMMIT TRANSACTION within SQL Paragraphs. right?
Thanks,
Sarat.