[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
[SQRUG Home Page]
CommitTransactions via SQR in SQL Server
- Subject: CommitTransactions via SQR in SQL Server
- From: Sarat <sjyotsna@YAHOO.COM>
- Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 12:35:49 -0700
I have an SQR which updates production tables. When we
were on AS400/DB2, we specifically used SQC 'do commit
transactions' after every procedure which performs
After we migrated to SQL Server 2000, one of our
migration strategies was to remove all
commit-transaction procedure calls because by-default,
SQL Server has auto-commit ON.
Doubts I have are:
1. Is it not true that it is faster to commit
transaction in batches vs one by one?
2. If I need to commit transaction in groups, then I
should modify my SQR to use BEGIN TRANSACTION and
COMMIT TRANSACTION within SQL Paragraphs. right?
Do You Yahoo!?
Sign up for SBC Yahoo! Dial - First Month Free